The hamlet of New Homestead (Nove dvory) came into existence in the 19th century on the land register of Lhotka village. It has long been swallowed up by a mighty new housing development, which bears the name of the original hamlet.
Prosek is one of the oldest villages on the outskirts of Prague, first mentioned in 1115. A new modern housing estate, part of what is known as the Northern Town, has completely engulfed the idyllic old village with a Romanesque church of St. Wenceslas.
The former military shooting range at Kobylisy served the fascist occupants during the Second World War as a place for the execution of Czech patriots. The Memorial to the Victims of Nazi Persecution is framed by modern blocks of flats.
The new housing developments that have sprung up in Prague at great speed since the sixties have mercilessly crowded in on the old, semi-rural buildings of the former villages on the outskirts of the town. This is the case at Vokovice and Veleslavin, which are surrounded by the Petfiny and Red Hill (Cerveny vrch) housing projects.
The Pankrac housing estate was built in the sixties to a design by J. Lasovsky, V. Hess, J. Krc, V. Prochazka and J. Vilimek.
The Olympic Hotel, built to a blueprint by Josef Polak, was the final project in the modern reconstruction of old Karlin, founded as a suburb in 1816 and raised to the status of town borough in 1903.
© Алексей Злыгостев, подборка материалов, разработка ПО 2001–2012
При копировании материалов проекта обязательно ставить активную ссылку на страницу источник: